DIRECTV vs. Comcast for Your Home
Considering adding an amazing entertainment service to your home? You've come to the right place. Television service can bring you and your family hours of enjoyment. With service from a leading provider like DIRECTV, you can watch virtually anything. Enjoy great entertaining and educational TV series. Watch the hottest Hollywood movies. Cheer on your team during an exciting sports match. But with so many providers out there, how will you choose the service that is perfect for your home? Take a look at a step by step comparison of DIRECTV vs. Comcast. Continue reading for the facts on service from these two companies and learn why there's one that is best for you.
Comcast vs. DIRECTV: Do You Want Satellite TV or Cable TV Service?
Comcast and DIRECTV are two large companies that can provide television service across the nation. There is one major difference between them; DIRECTV is a satellite television provider, while Comcast provides cable TV service. When you decide between Comcast vs. DIRECTV, you're truly deciding cable vs. satellite. This is incredibly important for those living in more remote areas. Cable television works by transmitting radio frequency signals through coaxial cables spread along cable lines. In order to get cable television – including Comcast cable - in your home, you must have cable distribution lines available on nearby local utility poles or underground utility lines. Satellite television, on the other hand, gets its signal from communications satellites received by outdoor antennas, commonly known as satellite dishes. Almost any home in the entire U.S. with a view of the southern sky can get satellite TV service from DIRECTV.
Entertainment Variety from DIRECTV vs. Comcast
As you think about Comcast vs. DIRECTV and which is better for your home, think about the various types of programming you and your family tend to enjoy. DIRECTV has a ton of variety in the programming available to all customers:
- News - Every one of the five DIRECTV packages includes the basic news channels you rely on to get your information. These include the big four: ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC.
- TV Series – DIRECTV packages offer multiple channels with series for every taste. For those who want the networks with today's hottest series, like The CW and AMC, DIRECTV packages have got you covered. Educational series, such as those on National Geographic and Travel Channel, are available in every package. And don't forget about the kids; the television series they love on Disney Channel and Teen Nick are all offered by DIRECTV as well.
- Movies - There are tons of movie-watching options from DIRECTV. First of all, certain DIRECTV packages offer premium movie channels like STARZ, HBO, and Encore. Additionally, DIRECTV packages all include access to On Demand and Pay Per View, where you can watch Hollywood's latest hits.
- Sports - DIRECTV is the undisputed leader in sports programming, offering the exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET Package1. Football fans can't say no!
- Music - Every package available from DIRECTV offers SonicTap Music Channels, so your television can be more than just TV – it can be your DJ! Music channel counts range from 55 to over 80.
- Foreign Language - DIRECTV offers many additional packages specifically for those who want Foreign Language programming. The International offers include Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Filipino, South Asian, Brazilian, and Russian channels.
DIRECTV is the Clear Choice for the Best TV
Do you want amazing variety in your entertainment options? Do you want to ensure great TV service no matter where you live? DIRECTV is the best choice for your home. Call the number on your screen today to place your order.
1Blackout rules and other conditions apply. NFL SUNDAY TICKET consists of all out-of market NFL games broadcast on FOX and CBS. However, games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Available games based on customer’s service address. NFL SUNDAY TICKET will automatically continue each season at a special renewal rate unless customer calls to cancel prior to start of season. Subscription cannot be cancelled (in part or in whole) after the start of the season and subscription fees cannot be refunded. Commercial locations require an appropriate licensee agreement.